Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise Do you have low back pain not responding to PD medications?

Tagged: 

• Sussan Thomas

September 29, 2024 at 3:48 am

I’ve been dealing with persistent shoulder pain since my Parkinson’s diagnosis a few years back. While my medication has helped with other symptoms, this shoulder pain has progressively worsened. Even simple movements, like reaching up or lifting my arm, can send sharp discomfort through the joint… I believe the pain started from overcompensating for stiffness in my neck and upper back, which has created tension in my shoulder area?? I’ve always tried to stay active, but certain activities have become increasingly uncomfortable.

I recently started physiotherapy at [url=https://www.kneadedcare.com/chiropractor-brantford]Kneaded Care [/url] and it’s been a game changer for me. They really helped alleviate some of the pain and improve my mobility. It’s important to find what works for you, so you can stay active and comfortable!

• Pamela

October 1, 2024 at 8:35 pm

Dear Kim, YES! I was diagnosed 6 years ago but this last year the pain in my lower back (that often spreads out to my hips) is becoming unbearable. I find even sitting becomes painful and need to be on my side. i stretch every day and walk as much as I can, i take Advil and Tylenol, but most days after 5:00pm I’m in pain. I won’t use meds that make me dopey,I don’t want that. I’ll try just about anything to make the pain stop.

Pam

Page 2 of 2