Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Do you have any grandchildren?

• Do you have any grandchildren?

Posted by Ally on March 6, 2024 at 9:32 pm

My parents became grandparents for the first time last fall. They love it, and watching them with my son has been an exceptional experience for me.

Do you have grandchildren? How do you enjoy spending time together? How do you answer their questions about or explain Parkinson’s to them?

Phillip Cunningham replied 1 week, 6 days ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Billy627

March 7, 2024 at 2:17 pm

4 year old grandson to 7 year old granddaughter: “Why does grandpa shake?” Granddaughter: “Because he’s old.” 😜

• Ally

March 8, 2024 at 4:40 am

Hahaha aww, out of the mouths of babes… <3

• Lori DePorter

March 30, 2024 at 8:37 pm

My sweet granddaughter will be turning one at the end of April. She is my joy! I used to be afraid of having grandchildren – that I wouldn’t be able to do things. That’s all changed. They love you for exactly who you are Parkinson’s or not.

• Ally

April 3, 2024 at 7:44 pm

The first year is truly something special. Happy birthday to your granddaughter, Lori!

• Waldo

April 2, 2024 at 4:00 pm

When I was diagnosed with PD in 2012 I thought my life was over. I ended up in a depression doctors office and the good doctor told me to hold on, one of the best aspects of life was coming my way, grand children. We have 5 girls and 1 boy.

I never imagined this was our fate. We ended up spending a LOT of time with the boy until he started kindergarten. The girls make their presence known – strongly.

I may have a degenerative disease, but I never dropped a baby!

• Ally

April 3, 2024 at 7:44 pm

You’re very blessed, Waldo! 🙂

• Phillip Cunningham

April 14, 2024 at 7:20 pm

Two granddaughter’s Lillian (9) and Evelyn (8) who live with our daughter Michelle and us as she’s separated from her husband and so we’re a multi-generational household with three generations at home.