Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Do you feel SAD in the winter?

• Do you feel SAD in the winter?

Posted by ally on November 14, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that’s related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you’re like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.

Do you feel the effects of SAD during the winter? If you do, what techniques or supplements (like vitamin D) do you use to help you cope?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 15, 2018 at 11:09 am

The cold weather and limited sun light hours definitely affect my mood.  I haven’t come up with any techniques to help me get through the gloomy winter weather in NY; just dress warm and take it one step at a time.

• ally

November 15, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Hi Jean, I try to do the same in snowy and cold Toronto. I am contemplating adding vitamin D tablets to my diet. I wake up early to work out before work and it’s a bummer to leave the house and come home in the dark. Maybe a vacation somewhere sunny is in order in the New Year….

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        November 16, 2018 at 7:13 am

i take a mega dose of D prescribed by my doc. as my D levels were low.  you can get a blood test to confirm your D levels