Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise Do you do hand exercises to improve your hand fine motor skills?

• Do you do hand exercises to improve your hand fine motor skills?

Posted by Deleted User on June 10, 2019 at 8:51 am

I came across this video that had some good hand and wrist exercises.  I found it to be very useful, but also find it challenging to add another exercise  to my daily routine.

Do you feel overloaded with all the things we are told to do with respect to exercise (eg; strength training, endurance work, practicing balance, stretching etc.)  What is your exercise routine like?  Do you ever feel overwhelmed trying to fit it all in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2GeaMa4c8

Jacque Walston replied 4 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jacque Walston

November 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Yes, I do hand exercises, but I incorporate them into my daily routine:  When stopped at a red light; while walking from parking lot into store.  I hate exerecise classes so I try to make exercise part of life like vacuuming, dusting, yardwork,.  I also do some floor exercises and stretches at night.

• Victoria Tamorria

December 10, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Jean

I do these exact exercises every day and have found them very helpful—well worth the effort—especially for handwriting and kitchen duties.

Vic

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      June 11, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Victoria,

thanks for your feedback.  my handwriting is getting worse, so I think I will have to look at doing these more consistently