Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Did you choose to retire after receiving your Parkinson’s diagnosis?

• Kathleen Ernst

September 13, 2023 at 3:55 am

I was suffering from Long Covid when I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Apparently I’d had it for awhile and the stress from COVID intensified my symptoms. Between brain fog, fatigue, REM sleep disorder, depression and new Anxiety, I was no longer handling the stress of my job nor able to physically do my job. Within a few months I went out on disability which helped me reduce stress, allow me to get involved with a physical therapy group that specializes in neuro disorders and has psychologists and OTs that really helped give me the tools I needed to manage my depression and anxiety. While I would have been better off financially to stay working, I am so thankful that I am now officially retired and feeling so much bettter for using the energy I do have to focus on staying active and enjoying life to my fullest while my PD is still mild.

• Matt Eagles

September 14, 2023 at 9:23 am

I was diagnosed on my 7th birthday in 1975 , I would go downhill rapidly if I had to retire. It keeps me motivated and out meeting people – im coming up to my 55th birthday in Novemeber

Page 2 of 2