Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 20 of #30DaysofPD: We Can Help Address Parkinson’s in Our Own Unique Way

• Day 20 of #30DaysofPD: We Can Help Address Parkinson’s in Our Own Unique Way

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on April 21, 2022 at 9:45 am

This is Mike O’Connor’s story.

When Mike retired a few years ago, he and his wife became “bucket list adventurers,” dedicating their time to travel and photography. Mike then received his Parkinson’s diagnosis in spring 2020. Between this and the COVID-19 pandemic, they had to adapt.

Shortly after, Mike spoke to a camera club in Ontario about his photography via Zoom. He integrated his PD experiences into the presentation. This led to a successful advocacy and awareness campaign.

Here’s an excerpt, “And on a personal note, the project has not only provided a much-needed focus for my Covid-constrained “Bucket List Adventuring’’ and a welcome distraction from the relentless advancement of my symptoms but it’s also made me recognize that there are many ways each of us can help address this debilitating disease.”

Do you have any takeaways from Mike’s story?

Parkinson’s News Today’s 30 Days of PD campaign will publish one story per day for Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month in April. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPD, or read the full series.

Kevin Schaefer replied 2 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.