Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 19 of #30DaysOfPD: Choosing to Live Each Day With Intention and Hope

• Day 19 of #30DaysOfPD: Choosing to Live Each Day With Intention and Hope

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on April 20, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Melissa Livingston was diagnosed with young onset Parkinson’s disease (YOPD) at 45. She grieved, medicated,  researched, connected, advocated, lobbied, and read every medical document she could get her hands on. Soon, she got involved with policy reform and took action.

Melissa believes a good life is possible with YOPD, despite the many challenges ahead. To her, the most important thing is to live every day intentionally, enjoying every moment.

Melissa, your words are so inspiring!

Now back to our PD Community: Do you agree with Melissa? If so, how do you live each day with intention?

To read the rest of Melissa’s story, and find out what life with Parkinson’s has taught her, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Barbara replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Barbara

April 21, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Melissa. I enjoyed reading your story. It was written with compassion and determination. My story appeared on day 1 of the 30 day challenge. I was surprised and honored to think that others might gain courage and/or insight from my story. I was 75 when I got my diagnosis; can only imagine how much courage it takes for you to face the future. I would love to have a cup of tea with you sometime. Best wishes, Barbara