Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 1 of #30DaysOfPD: I Try to Focus On Today

• Day 1 of #30DaysOfPD: I Try to Focus On Today

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on April 4, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Barbara Traynor was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2014 at age 75, and upon her diagnosis, she yelled: “I’m not going to change my lifestyle!”

Next… she ran away! After her diagnosis, Barbara took six months to volunteer, and six months with family and friends. She kept her diagnosis a secret and did as much research as she could, finding a support group whose members restored her sanity, bolstering her resolve to not give up her lifestyle. Her volunteering continued until 2017.

Barbara believes in copious exercise, a vegetarian diet, and humor.

Barbara your energy is lush!

Now back to our PD Community: Barbara’s diagnosis did not stop her from adventuring. Was there anything you refused to give up after your own diagnosis?

To read Barbara’s whole story and check out the rest of her advice, click here:

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Jessie Madrigal Fletcher replied 2 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.