Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Family and ​Caregivers​ Care Partners/Givers Interested in Support Group

• Helena

May 13, 2022 at 9:30 am

Hi hi
    I’m in California my sister has PD in Michigan
    I’m her advocate and person that gets her meals – transportation and finds resources to support her-
    She has problems with follow thru these days- her vision is shot- she has a rare condition called” Pisa syndrome “
    Her body tilted to right side _ in restaurant we have to put her against a wall to lean into or she falls over like Humpty Dumpty.
    Lots of challenges here
    I’d love to connect eith others talk about how I feel

• Helena

May 13, 2022 at 9:32 am

I’d like to be included in carepartners group Sunday
    Thx

• Diana

May 23, 2022 at 11:27 am

Hi Helena,

Please private message me with your email address so that I can add you to our support group list.

Thanks!

Diana

• Mary Beth Skylis

May 27, 2022 at 10:39 am

Thank you so much for organizing this, Diana. It always brings me comfort to know that there are supportive communities out there.

• Diana

June 5, 2022 at 8:28 am

Thank you, Mary Beth! I am very excited about our wonderful group of caring and involved care partners. 🙂

• Mary Beth Skylis

June 11, 2022 at 3:10 pm

I’m excited to see it forming!!

• Diana

June 5, 2022 at 8:27 am

Hi Helena,

Could you please direct message me with your email address so that I can add you to the support group contact list? I don’t seem to be able to DM you.

Our next meeting is next Sunday the 12th at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT.

Thank you!

Diana

• DeAnn

May 31, 2022 at 4:30 pm

Hi, I’m a 53 year old PWP. Diagnosed three years ago. Mind you I’m doing reasonably well at this point and I’m also a caregiver for others. This includes my Dad as my Mom has Alzheimer’s.

All that said I am interested in a support group, but I really don’t know where I fit in. I’m a little leary about what I maybe facing.

• Marjorie Weiss

June 1, 2022 at 5:42 am

Try looking for a group in your area. Also, Michael J Fox foundation has info on this as well as a number of other sources online. Google it. Good luck.

• Mary Beth Skylis

June 2, 2022 at 11:02 am

DeAnn, Thank you for sharing. Are you Leary of the diagnosis? Or of finding a good place to fit in?

• Diana

June 5, 2022 at 8:29 am

To any PD care partners who would like to join our group and haven’t yet direct messaged me with your email address, please do that so that I can add you to our contact list.

Our next meeting is next Sunday, June 12 at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT.

Thank you!

Diana

• Beth Ann Chambers

November 14, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Hi Diana,

I would be very interested in a caregiver support zoom call. I am a full-time caregiver to my mom was diagnosed in December 2014 with Parkinson’s needless to say with the pandemic isolation and loneliness is real as a caregiver as no one really gets what you’re going through. God bless you all as we all know that is truly a labor of love and I am blessed to be able to care for my mom. Beth Ann

• Jacqueline Schuster

December 6, 2022 at 3:21 pm

I’m interested in joining the zoom support group. Would you please inform me as to how I can get started?

• Diana

December 14, 2022 at 9:22 am

Hi Jacqueline,

We would love to have you in our group! Please message me with you email address and I will add you to our list.

We typically meet the second Sunday of the month, but we are actually meeting this coming Sunday this month because I was away last week. So, if you send me your info, I can get you on the list for this month’s meeting.

Thanks!

Diana

• Emma Newman

December 12, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Hi All,
    I am a carer from Australia, and would love to connect with other carers (virtually or in-person)! I have struggled to find local groups,and would really appreciate the community and support!

• Diana

December 14, 2022 at 9:28 am

Hi Emma,

We would love to have you in our group! Please message me with you email address and I will add you to our list.

We typically meet the second Sunday of the month, but we are actually meeting this coming Sunday this month because I was away last week. So, if you send me your info, I can get you on the list for this month’s meeting.

Thanks!

Diana

• Lori

December 13, 2022 at 11:03 am

Hello – I think I need to read the newsletters more carefully since I am only learning about this forum now.  I am interested in a monthly zoom meeting depending on when it is happening.  Please add me to your list, thank you.

• Diana

December 14, 2022 at 9:29 am

Hi Lori,

We would love to have you in our group! Please private message me with you email address and I will add you to our list.

Thanks!

Diana

• Beth Ann Chambers

December 13, 2022 at 2:21 pm

I am a caregiver for my Mom with Parkinson’s and I would love to be on a Zoom to help support each other

Beth Ann

• Diana

December 14, 2022 at 9:30 am

Hi Beth Ann,

We would love to have you in our group! Please private message me with you email address and I will add you to our list.

Thanks!

Diana

• Diana

December 14, 2022 at 9:40 am

IMPORTANT:

TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN THE PD CARE PARTNER SUPPORT GROUP, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN ADD YOU TO OUR MAILING LIST.

THANKS!

DIANA

• Jacqueline Schuster

December 14, 2022 at 5:19 pm

What is your email address?

• Diana

December 15, 2022 at 9:41 am

Hi Jacqueline,

Please private message me your email address by clicking my photo icon. This will enable you to send me a private message.

Thank you!

Diana

• Jack Waller

December 15, 2022 at 9:35 am

We are in Nova Scotia, Canada.
    My husband is going into his 13th year of P.
    His mantra is, I have my good days and my bad days. The bad days take care of themself.
    He is an anomaly, as he still drives, and supports the work of our society, doing the paperwork, which is an anathema to me.https://www.parkinsonsocietynovascotia.com/

• Diana

December 15, 2022 at 9:46 am

Your husband sounds like an amazing force!  My husband is also still working, driving, etc. but was more recently diagnosed in 2019. He also has a mantra: “Every day is a good day and a bad day.”

Please private message me with your email address if you’d like to join our support group.

All the best,

Diana

• ECaregiver

December 16, 2022 at 9:27 am

Hi, I would very much like to join the Support Group. I am the caregiver for my husband who has Parkinson’s.

Feel free to message me.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 11, 2023 at 12:59 pm

I just joined but I’m also looking for a support group. My85 year old mother was diagnosed with a form of Parkinsonism and they don’t know which or what form but call it PD. She was sent home from work March 31, 2020 because of COVID and it all went downhill and was diagnosed last year but had been experiencing some of the symptoms. She lives with me and I take care of her. I feel overwhelmed and I need to know how to help her.

• Diana

April 11, 2023 at 3:17 pm

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out and joining the group. It is a support group for PD caregivers, so you’ve come to the right place!

I hope you will join us this Sunday, April 16 at 2 pm EDT and introduce yourself, as it is a wonderful group of supportive, helpful people. I will be including you in the email on Friday with the Zoom link.

Regards,

Diana

• Janice

April 12, 2023 at 8:33 am

Would like to join the meetining on Sunday April 16

• eva thomas

April 12, 2023 at 8:35 am

I would like to be part of your forum. I am 75 years old and hmy husband is 73 and has had PD for 12 years. Please message me.

• Janice

April 12, 2023 at 8:32 am

Yes, I am interested.

Janice in Ohio

• Gloria

April 12, 2023 at 9:12 am

I am interested in this support group. I’m 70 years old and my husband with Parkinson’s is 72. He was diagnosed in 2021, however, has had symptoms for several years prior to diagnosis. He received his upright walker this week and does well except for stamina and strength. We have recently joined the litigation against Camp Lejeune as his lived there for a year as a teenager. We live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

• Diana

April 12, 2023 at 9:25 am

Hi Gloria,

We are so pleased to have you join the group. Thank you for sending your email address to me. I have added you to our group list, so you will receive all of the emails.

As I mentioned, our next meeting is this Sunday (4/16) and I will send out the reminder email and Zoom link on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Diana

• Sandra Heighway

April 12, 2023 at 10:45 am

Good morning Diana,
    I have just recently discovered your care givers support group and am interested in joining. My spouse was diagnosed with PD in 2006 at age 49 and just celebrated his 65th birthday this past December. He had DBS surgery in 2014 but by 2019 the demands of his job and commute into Manhattan became to difficult to manage, he made the decision to retire.
    We live in Chatham NJ and are blessed to have our 2 children and 4 grandchildren, all reside in Chatham as well. I look forward to meeting and sharing this journey with others.
    Sincerely,
    Sandra Heighway

• Diana

April 12, 2023 at 10:54 am

Hi Sandra!

Thank you so much for connecting. We would love to have you in our group. In fact, due to the Easter holiday, I moved this month’s meeting to this coming Sunday (4/16) so you could attend that. It is at 2 pm EDT.

Please direct message me your email and I’ll add you to our group email list so you can get the reminder and Zoom link on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Diana

• Elaina

April 13, 2023 at 8:27 am

My husband has had Parkinson’s for close to 20 years. I would like to participate in a caregiver’s support group.
    Thank you for starting this.

• Diana

April 18, 2023 at 10:40 am

Hi Elaina,

We’d love to have you join the group. Please direct message me your email address so I can add you to our correspondence list.

Regards,

Diana

• Janice

April 14, 2023 at 10:04 am

I’m obviously having trouble getting messages to this group.  I would like to be in on the zoom meeting coming up.  My husband has was diagnosed with Parkinsons 15 years or so ago but has recently gotten worse.

• Diana

April 18, 2023 at 10:41 am

Hi Janice,

I apologize as I haven’t always been notified of new messages. But, you’re obviously in!

Regards,

Diana

• Mary

April 16, 2023 at 8:39 pm

Diana:

I couldn’t meet today, but I will definitely be at the next. I’m so happy to be part of this group because we need support! My husband helps me with the care of my mom so he will join me.  Looking forward to the next meeting!

• Diana

April 18, 2023 at 10:38 am

Thank you, Mary! We look forward to seeing you next month. I have lined up a really exciting speaker!

• Mary

April 18, 2023 at 6:13 pm

Thank you so much. I would like to be included in the recording of the last meeting! I’m looking forward to the next meeting!

• Olga

April 17, 2023 at 8:23 am

I am interested.

• Olga

April 17, 2023 at 8:23 am

I am interested. I am a caregiver to someone with Parkinsonism, would I qualify for this group?

• Diana

April 18, 2023 at 10:37 am

Hi Olga,

Absolutely! Please direct message me your email address and I’ll get you right on our list.

All the best,

Diana

• Diana

April 19, 2023 at 7:10 am

Hi Olga,

Please direct message me your email so that I can add you to our list.

Thank you!

Diana

• Sonya

April 17, 2023 at 8:24 am

Hi Diana –

I would love to be part of the Care Partners/Givers support group please!
    Will it be recorded in the event that we cannot attend in person for whatever reason?
    I hope to participate and have also found it helpful to see videos of people dealing with similar issues, sharing their experience and encouragement.

Thank you.

-Sonya S.

• Diana

April 18, 2023 at 9:54 am

Thanks, Sonya! I have you on our list. I will be sending last Sunday’s recording out soon!

Page 2 of 3