Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Family and ​Caregivers​ CAN PD MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR

• CAN PD MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR

Posted by amelie on July 30, 2019 at 11:25 pm

My husband who has PD has noticed that he is losing some hair, when he combs his hair in the morning.

Have you experienced this too ?

amelie replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 31, 2019 at 11:20 am

hi amelie

i do notice hair loss, especially in the drain after i wash my hair. (in addition to falling out during the day.  never clumps of hair, just a lot of single strands.   i  dont know if it is age (i am 65), PD or side effect of the meds but i do notice my part is getting wider.

• amelie

July 31, 2019 at 10:53 pm

Thanks Jean.  I believe nothing can be done.  We just have to accept it.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 1, 2019 at 5:03 am

I am learning the hard way.  The best thing for this disease for me is to accept the fact that I have it 🙁

• Deleted User

Deleted User

I am learning the hard way.  The best thing for this disease for me is to accept the fact that I have it 🙁

• Deleted User

Deleted User

• amelie

August 1, 2019 at 12:32 pm

Well, being a caregiver, I feel exactly as you do.   I have to accept it but on some days I really can’t.  But then back to reality when I see my husband doing things more slowly, saying he is tired, or saying his leg is aching..

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 1, 2019 at 7:12 pm

amelie, it must be very difficult for you as a caregiver.  make sure you take care of yourself too…

• amelie

August 4, 2019 at 10:53 pm

Yes Jean.  Thanks for your kind words.