Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise At-home exercises for Parkinson’s

• At-home exercises for Parkinson’s

Posted by Ally on January 29, 2019 at 7:59 am

Being active is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your physical and mental well-being. Exercise will not alter the progression of Parkinson’s but it is essential for maintaining your quality of life. Unfortunately, for those of us who live in colder climates, winter weather can make it difficult or unappealing to leave the comfort of our homes to go to the gym or yoga studio, or even just to take a walk.

Today I found a guide for exercising/stretching at home with Parkinson’s disease. You can check it out here: https://www.parkinsons.va.gov/NorthWest/Documents/Pt_ed_handouts/Exercise_for_PD_1-20-12.pdf

Have you tried any of these exercises and/or stretches? Do you enjoy working out at home?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 29, 2019 at 3:48 pm

I have seen and done many of these exercises in P/T .Working out at home is always a challenge since there are too many distractions, like seeing a dust bunny under the couch while I am stretching on my yoga mat. LOL  Going to a gym gives me social interaction plus, I am more focused.