Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Adaptive solutions for people with PD

• Adaptive solutions for people with PD

Posted by Deleted User on July 11, 2018 at 9:00 am

There are many adaptive options for people with PD.  Since I have problems tying my shoes, I now use athletic lace locks.  They can be purchased at amazon and also at running stores.

I also found these aids for gripping a pen helpful with my handwriting.  I purchased these on Amazon as well.

What adaptive, devices, options or solutions have you found useful?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dennis

July 11, 2018 at 10:11 am

Several months ago, my daughter and I were having lunch.  She noticed one of the buttons on my shirt was unfastened.  When I tried to button it, she noticed I was struggling with it because of the fine motor control issues associated with Parkinson’s.  A few days later, a package arrived in the mail, containing a beautiful men’s shirt.  I unwrapped it and tried it on.  The buttons, including the cuffs, snapped together because of small magnets.  Dressing, with that shirt anyway, became a pleasure.

After thanking her and letting her see what it looked like, a few days later another package arrived, containing 4 more shirts, all different in color patterns but all with the magnetized buttons.

They look great!  I’ve gotten many compliments and it has made dressing much easier.  Here’s a link to their website.  https://www.magnaready.com  They can also be found on Amazon.  One cautionary note:  Their website warns people with pacemakers should consult with their PCP before wearing these.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 11, 2018 at 10:16 am

Thank  you Dennis for sharing that useful information.  I hope others can share with us things that have helped them.