Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

There are many adaptive options for people with PD.  Since I have problems tying my shoes, I now use athletic lace locks.  They can be purchased at amazon and also at running stores.

I also found these aids for gripping a pen helpful with my handwriting.  I purchased these on Amazon as well.

What adaptive, devices, options or solutions have you found useful?

Dennis
      Participant

Several months ago, my daughter and I were having lunch.  She noticed one of the buttons on my shirt was unfastened.  When I tried to button it, she noticed I was struggling with it because of the fine motor control issues associated with Parkinson’s.  A few days later, a package arrived in the mail, containing a beautiful men’s shirt.  I unwrapped it and tried it on.  The buttons, including the cuffs, snapped together because of small magnets.  Dressing, with that shirt anyway, became a pleasure.

After thanking her and letting her see what it looked like, a few days later another package arrived, containing 4 more shirts, all different in color patterns but all with the magnetized buttons.

They look great!  I’ve gotten many compliments and it has made dressing much easier.  Here’s a link to their website.  https://www.magnaready.com  They can also be found on Amazon.  One cautionary note:  Their website warns people with pacemakers should consult with their PCP before wearing these.

Jean Mellano
      Participant

Thank  you Dennis for sharing that useful information.  I hope others can share with us things that have helped them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account