• alan-m

April 14, 2022 at 11:48 pm

<p style=”text-align: center;”>A life without music is an error.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>Friedrich Nietzsche</p>

Music is the only modality that allows the soul to soar.

I cannot imagine my life without music in it.  Most definitely, playing music (on the Scottish smallpipes), listening to all flavors of Celtic music, and singing traditional music at a <b>ceilidh </b>makes my millennia every time I hear / play / sing.

My existence is only enriched by music… PD or no.

• tommy-stringer

April 15, 2022 at 7:59 am

I come from a family of musicians, though I cannot play anything myself. I have tried several different instruments without success. My brother and father had Parkinson’s and like me had no musical ability. I wonder if there is a connection. I am, however, an avid listener as I am an avid reader. Books and music are the stuff that makes life enjoyable. Having lost sense of smell years ago. I have often thought that I am fortunate that Parkinsons’ does not cause a loss of sight or hearing.

• Phil Brown

April 16, 2022 at 10:07 am

I have played music since the age of 8. I have a Yamaha keyboard at home and also play piano.

Could not imagine my life without music.  Parkinson’s has not affected my ability to play as yet so I will keep going as long as I can

• Gauri

April 17, 2022 at 3:55 pm

On April 2013 I gave my fifth level Indian classical vocal exam with great difficulty. I was suffering from all symptoms of Parkinson and I was not aware that I was suffering from Parkinson. I was literally shaking in front of the examiner. Examiner asked me if I was feeling alright?’

Do you need the class of water? ‘ asked  examiner. It t was so frust hirating experience that I reached home and I was inntearsm simply broke out and I reached home as I have to send it not to continue taking formal education in Indian classical vocal.

Music has not face me my passion I love singing ever since my childhood with a break of 3 times in the span of 40 years age I kept inside 6u⁴t9l7í7 hu 7e internetmhy855ittantly.., many people gave me a compliment that I had beautiful voice and that I sang also very well many people also said that I had in bone quality of becoming a singer as I have been gifted with this talent.

As I was detected with Parkinson few years old line as I got medication and I started slowly improving I again continued by education learning Indian classical vocal music. singing kiss me pleasure. While we practice the first note of vocal music called “shadja” or “saa” we actually create positive vibes within us. In the same manner in Indian music the practice begins with pronouncing omkaar.

When you chant Om, a vibration sound felt through your vocal cord that clears and opens up the sinuses. Chanting Om also has cardiovascular benefits. It reduces stress and relaxes your body that brings down the blood pressure on the normal level and the heart beats with a regular rhythm .

As I got right medication from the right neurologist i started feeling better.

Today, music gives me immense pleasure and I practice it for my happiness

• Gauri

April 17, 2022 at 4:08 pm

On April 2013 I gave my fifth level Indian classical vocal exam with great difficulty. I was suffering from all symptoms of Parkinson and I was not aware that I was suffering from Parkinson. I was literally shaking in front of the examiner. Examiner asked me if I was feeling alright?’D

Do you need the glass of water? ‘ asked examiner. It was so frust experience that when I reached home and I  simply broke out. and I home as had to decide to discontinue leaning music.

I experienced major setback.

As my condition improved with ⁶⁶foebbitjeryyh

Music u of 3 times in the span of 40 years age I kept inside 6u⁴t9l7í7 hu 7e internetmhy855ittantly.., many people gave me a compliment that I had beautiful voice and that I sang also very well many people also said that I had in bone quality of becoming a singer as I have been gifted with this talent.

As I was detected with Parkinson few years old line as I got medication and I started slowly improving I again continued by education learning Indian classical vocal music. singing kiss me pleasure. While we practice the first note of vocal music called “shadja” or “saa” we actually create positive vibes within us. In the same manner in Indian music the practice begins with pronouncing omkaar.

When you chant Om, a vibration sound felt through your vocal cord that clears and opens up the sinuses. Chanting Om also has cardiovascular benefits. It reduces stress and relaxes your body that brings down the blood pressure on the normal level and the heart beats with a regular rhythm .

As I got right medication from the right neurologist i started feeling better.

Today, music gives me immense pleasure and I practice it for my happiligeliy