Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s What is your favorite memory from this past summer?

• What is your favorite memory from this past summer?

Posted by ally on September 18, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I’m so sad – summer is almost over! September 21st marks the first official day of fall, and I feel like the summer season was over in the blink of an eye.

I was very fortunate this  summer in that I had the opportunity to do a bit of travelling and one of my brothers came home to visit from overseas. I think my favorite memory is of going to the beach in Trinidad with my partner and eating bake and shark and jumping around in the  waves against the backdrop of mountains and forest. I think about that day often (and I’m sure I will even more when winter is upon us!).

What’s your favorite memory from this past summer?

george-kapetanakis replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • george-kapetanakis

September 19, 2019 at 9:12 am

The beautiful turquoise waters of the Aegean Sea in Greece.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    September 19, 2019 at 12:23 pm

george, sounds beautiful.  do you live near there?

• george-kapetanakis

September 19, 2019 at 1:19 pm

I used to but I still have relatives there so, I can go visit in the summers.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    September 19, 2019 at 1:30 pm

nice!  that place must hold special memories for you..

• george-kapetanakis

September 20, 2019 at 10:15 am

More than that Jean. It’s a place where people live longer with less Parkinson’s.

• george-kapetanakis

September 20, 2019 at 5:27 pm

HI, jean. I think number one would be the “traditional” Mediterranean Diet and lifestyle. Another big attribute would be the size of the community. Small villages and islands do fare better. Even traditional greetings like hello or good buy are said with a simple “ya sou” which would translate to “your health.” So, Ya Sou, Jean.

P.S You could go to youtube and check out Ikaria ” Greek Island Fountain of Youth.”

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    September 20, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Ya Sou George!  that video was fascinating, I have heard of blue zones.  I love  that they treasure their senior citizens. I did see a bit of America in the video, Pringles potato chips LOL.

Do you ever think of moving back there?

• george-kapetanakis

September 21, 2019 at 9:14 am

Ya sou Jean. America is everywhere. In good ways and bad. Especially in a European country that has so many ties with its Greek communities in the States.
    Yes, I would love to move back but for the time being, I’ll be happy with longer vacations.
    Until then we can dream about those beautiful turquoise waters and watch some youtube, every now and then.
    Time for a good walk. It’s a very nice day outside today in New England.
    Ya sou again.