This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  George Kapetanakis 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Ally 
    Keymaster

I’m so sad – summer is almost over! September 21st marks the first official day of fall, and I feel like the summer season was over in the blink of an eye.

I was very fortunate this  summer in that I had the opportunity to do a bit of travelling and one of my brothers came home to visit from overseas. I think my favorite memory is of going to the beach in Trinidad with my partner and eating bake and shark and jumping around in the  waves against the backdrop of mountains and forest. I think about that day often (and I’m sure I will even more when winter is upon us!).

What’s your favorite memory from this past summer?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Ally.
     George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

The beautiful turquoise waters of the Aegean Sea in Greece.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

george, sounds beautiful.  do you live near there?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

I used to but I still have relatives there so, I can go visit in the summers.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

nice!  that place must hold special memories for you..

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

More than that Jean. It’s a place where people live longer with less Parkinson’s.

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

HI, jean. I think number one would be the “traditional” Mediterranean Diet and lifestyle. Another big attribute would be the size of the community. Small villages and islands do fare better. Even traditional greetings like hello or good buy are said with a simple “ya sou” which would translate to “your health.” So, Ya Sou, Jean.

P.S You could go to youtube and check out Ikaria ” Greek Island Fountain of Youth.”

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Ya Sou George!  that video was fascinating, I have heard of blue zones.  I love  that they treasure their senior citizens. I did see a bit of America in the video, Pringles potato chips LOL.

Do you ever think of moving back there?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

Ya sou Jean. America is everywhere. In good ways and bad. Especially in a European country that has so many ties with its Greek communities in the States.
    Yes, I would love to move back but for the time being, I’ll be happy with longer vacations.
    Until then we can dream about those beautiful turquoise waters and watch some youtube, every now and then.
    Time for a good walk. It’s a very nice day outside today in New England.
    Ya sou again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account