• Stridor – Respiratory

Posted by Brad Fewson on February 13, 2019 at 6:40 am

Hi

Doe anyone experience similar. In my off period, I have extreme akinesia and rigidity and dystonia. I have no ability to move (complete locked in)…In off, respiratory is rough and I have stridor day and night. Messages for my lungs to breathe don’t happen. In your head you wish it but nothing, i frequently have O2 sats drop in 70s and blackout.

I have Stalevo and eledprly 4 x a day and dexamfetamine x 4 or cannabis to fire the CNS . Clozeapam 4 x day to prevent rigidity. Agnoist (sifrol and apo morphone pump worked well by extreme side affects) so not using them

I have to up my meds every 3-4 months

ANyone

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 13, 2019 at 6:40 am

Brad, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles.  Have you looked in to a second opinion?  Are you able to do exercise; even slow walking?  Is it possible for you to get a massage?  That does help my stiffness and rigidity.

It is unfortunate we have to frequently change our meds. I am happy my symptoms are not too bad, but I detect subtle changes in my balance, fine motor skills and bradykinesia and currently adjusting my meds.