Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Peppermint Oil, have you tried it for nausea?

• Peppermint Oil, have you tried it for nausea?

Posted by Deleted User on November 12, 2019 at 8:27 am

Many of the PD meds cause nausea as a side effect.  I have tried smelling peppermint oil to ease my nausea and it seems to work every time.  Have you tried it?  Are there other essential oils you have tried that help your PD?

Gail Dons replied 4 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Robert

December 19, 2019 at 11:10 am

Yes I read it here! My wife takes generic caradopa/levodopa and she drinks a cup of peppermint tea in the morning. I bought a bottle of drops and it has worked now for about a week! So happy. Thanks to all.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 19, 2019 at 1:47 pm

robert, i am so happy to hear that it helps your wife.. we all learn from each other..

• lindalou

December 24, 2019 at 3:25 pm

A couple of months ago I had to change my carbidopa/levodopa dosage [ I actually reduced the amount I was taking by half because of dyskinesias from too much dopamine ] and had such intense nausea daily that I could barely get off the couch for 2 months — I found that chewing peppermint gum helped somewhat where nothing else worked [ but now I will keep peppermint tea and oil on hand as well!]

• Gail Dons

December 30, 2019 at 10:17 pm

The spearmint gum helps me, too. So does a strong cinnamon gum.