Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

Many of the PD meds cause nausea as a side effect.  I have tried smelling peppermint oil to ease my nausea and it seems to work every time.  Have you tried it?  Are there other essential oils you have tried that help your PD?

Robert
      Participant

Yes I read it here! My wife takes generic caradopa/levodopa and she drinks a cup of peppermint tea in the morning. I bought a bottle of drops and it has worked now for about a week! So happy. Thanks to all.

Jean Mellano
      Participant

robert, i am so happy to hear that it helps your wife.. we all learn from each other..

lindalou
      Participant

A couple of months ago I had to change my carbidopa/levodopa dosage [ I actually reduced the amount I was taking by half because of dyskinesias from too much dopamine ] and had such intense nausea daily that I could barely get off the couch for 2 months — I found that chewing peppermint gum helped somewhat where nothing else worked [ but now I will keep peppermint tea and oil on hand as well!]

Gail Dons
      Participant

The spearmint gum helps me, too. So does a strong cinnamon gum.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account