• Michel

July 9, 2020 at 11:55 am

Hi Kam

Thank you very much for your message.

My post has indeed triggered some interest from similarly minded people who consider non-pharmaceutical options as critical to our well-being. To be clear, I am not anti pharmaceutical drugs at all, but would like to delay taking them as much as possible and, if I have to take them, make sure that they are not the only solution but are part of a wider, integrated approach.  Hopefully, with such an integrated approach, doses of pharmaceutical drugs can be minimised and can be extended over time as much as possible.

I will reach out to the moderators and see what are the best options to stay in touch as a group on this topic.

All the best

Michel

• Kam

July 9, 2020 at 2:21 pm

Thank you, Michel! I agree with your stance: I am not against drugs, but my goal too is minimizing their use or using them as part of a larger strategy.

Thank you so much for checking with the moderators. It would be lovely to be part of a sub-group/community as we deal with all this. 🙂

• Andrew L.

July 9, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Hi all: Will stick my two cents in …

I totally understand the strong desire to avoid pharmaceutical dopamine replacement for PD  (I think this is part of the “denial” stage we all go through), but the medical studies do not support this as an effective form of treatment. It has been said you won’t die from Parkinson’s but with it. Dopamine replacement therapy is what allows us the ability to live the healthy lifestyle we need so we can still be productive and don’t die or get debilitated from something else before our time. By taking the meds, many of  us can effectively live productive lives, including doing things like exercise, which is necessary to maintain a normal cardiovascular system, bone density, better sleep ,mood, cognition etc. etc. By not taking the meds,  I am of the opinion that we are effectively diminishing the quality of our lives as well as diminishing our overall health and well being and ultimately our lifespan, because of the things we can’t or won’t do when we are chronically dopamine depleted. I think it is important for us collectively not to be our own doctors, but to seek out qualified medical opinions before acting on alternative treatments, so we DO NO HARM to ourselves.

• Kam

July 9, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Andrew, I think you are making some great points here. I don’t disagree with you; more I just want a multi pronged approach. I had a holistic doctor actually encouraged me to go on carbidopa levodopa because just like you said she said it would allow me to exercise which would ultimately help. Right now I feel like I’m on a little too much but that’s beside the point. Thank you. I think you made some very valid points and also you’re making me feel better about being on medication LOL.

• Mark Summer

July 12, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Barry, I looked on Amazon and could not find the favs bean you mentioned. Could you possibly give some additional info…brand, Amazon sku, pic? Thanks. Mark S.

• Russ Hudson

July 12, 2020 at 3:28 pm

I had all the symptoms of Parkinson’s; acting out dreams while sleeping, left thumb twitch, difficulty writing, left leg stiffness, brain fog, unsure gait, balance problems, soft speaking voice. I went on Google and entered the following search, “latest treatment for Parkinson’s.” One of the pages I found is shown below.

Bottom line? Butyric Acid supplements not only cured my Parkinson’s but reversed it’s progress.

https://www.foundationalmedicinereview.com/blog/the-potential-of-butyric-acid-as-an-alternative-treatment-for-parkinsons-disease/

Page 2 of 2