• Weigold Carol

July 27, 2023 at 8:07 pm

Hi Wendy,

Yes, that was me. I saw the results before my neurologist. My family and I were so happy. Until, I went to my follow up appointment and my doctor told me I had too many symptoms and I definitely had “ Parkinsonism”. What ever that is. 

She put me on Carbidopa-Levodopa and I did see some improvement of my symptoms but I’ve also been  experiencing new symptoms. It’s definitely Parkinson’s. I have no idea how the Datscan was negative. I guess it’s not very reliable.

Good luck to you 💗

Carol

• Joanne

August 1, 2023 at 2:48 pm

There is also “Drug induced Parkinson’s” that can stop once the medication causing it is stopped.  Just something to think about.  Check it out.

• Lyta

August 4, 2023 at 9:09 am

Yes, that’s my case. I got Negative on DatScan and single test (newest test on  skin Parkinson’s people ) but I still be in Parkinson’s because of response to sinemet ( carb/levodopa).
    Tremor is my main problem . I take Sinemet 1.5 pills, 3 times a day. I’m 70 , diagnosed 3 years ago.
    Some people say my disease is essential tremors but I am not sure. What do you think about my case ?