Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Massage Therapy Can Help Ease Parkinson’s Symptoms

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 14, 2018 at 5:07 am

As a former athlete, I have always recognized the value of massage therapy.  Since PD diagnosis, I have been getting once, sometimes 2 massages per week and I have no more stiffness ( I was starting to get a stiff neck with limited range of motion).   Although medicare does not cover it,my doctor wrote a letter saying massage  was medically therapeutic for my PD and my accountant said I could deduct the cost of the massages.  We shall see how that works…  Even if I cannot deduct the massage costs, it is money well spent for me.

• ally

December 17, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Couldn’t agree more! I have insurance that covers a limited # of massages per year. I used up all my benefits due to some unforeseen circumstances earlier in the spring, and my body has been really feeling the loss of that wellness practice. January 1st my benefits re-set and I can’t wait!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 17, 2018 at 5:47 pm

That is great your plan covers even only a limited amount of massages per year.  Hopefully other insurance companies will follow suit.