Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Looking for Young Onset Parkinson’s Folks

• Looking for Young Onset Parkinson’s Folks

Posted by Marta on May 16, 2023 at 5:19 pm

Hello, My name is Marta, 43 y. o., diagnosed 4 years ago. I’m married, have 3 kids, full time job. I would like to speak here with younger people with similar problems. My main simptom is hands tremor, not so noticible, but when I nervouse, mad, it’s became terrible. So now I think I have “social anxiety”, start to avoid some people or situation. Only my husband, sister and two friends know for my condition. Please write about your problems and solutions.                                             P. S. Sorry for my not so great english

Marta replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Lori DePorter

May 20, 2023 at 10:31 pm

If you are interested, I facilitate a young onset virtual support group sponsored by Johns Hopkins. It’s open to any YOPD…I can get you the information.

Lori D.

• Marta

May 21, 2023 at 1:41 am

Hello Lori, thank you for reply. Yes, I’m interested, please tell me more information.

• Lori DePorter

May 22, 2023 at 8:46 am

You can find the link at https://lorideporter.com/#resources-support-groups on the             right side at the bottom of the list

Lori

• Joanne

May 24, 2023 at 9:27 pm

May I give this information to my son?  He was diagnosed about 6 years ago.  He is now 49.   He has 5 young children, but because of Parkinson’s, his wife just divorced him.  It’s been very sad, but we have faith that God is in control and a cure will be coming very soon…either that or lots of miracles!

• Marta

May 27, 2023 at 6:17 am

Hello Lori, I’m just notice that some of similar support online meeting are public available on YouTube and I don’t like it. Is the same with your group?

• Lori DePorter

June 1, 2023 at 9:12 pm

No. Ours is a live zoom meeting. We have speakers and interact with each other.

• Lori DePorter

May 25, 2023 at 1:30 am

It is an open group for YOPD

• Joanne

May 25, 2023 at 10:46 pm

Great.  Thank you & God bless you.

• Lori DePorter

June 1, 2023 at 9:15 pm

If you would like to be added to the email list with meeting info, please let me know.

• Marta

June 2, 2023 at 1:39 am

Hello Lori, yes I’m interested, please add me to e-mail list. I hope the time will be apropriate to me (because of difference between time zones) 🙂