• Posted by forum-moderator on June 14, 2018 at 5:48 pm

If you’ve been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease then your doctor will use a rating scale to establish the stage of your disease and to track the progression. The rating scale will assess motor symptoms such as movement and tremors, as well as non-motor symptoms such as loss of smell.

There are five different stages of Parkinson’s disease, starting with mildest and leading up the most severe. There are commonalities in each stage, but the severity of symptoms will differ. Click here to learn more: “5 Stages of Parkinson’s Disease

At what stage were you diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease? How do you feel about the future stages of the disease’s progression?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 25, 2018 at 2:21 pm

I believe I am still in stage 1 (diagnosed in 2015).  My symptoms are mild enough not to interfere with daily life, but I do have slight changes in walking and posture.   My handwriting is terrible as well and my left side is not as functional any more.  I believe years of exercise and my continuing to practice movement is a major factor that the progression is not quicker.