Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

They say the only constant in life is change, and it’s true. How do you feel about change, though? Do you embrace it? Brace for it? Run from it?

With PD, change can be incremental. Do you feel differently about that kind of change?

Russell Wilson
      Participant

I think the question is too broad. How do I feel about what sort of change?

If you’re asking me about what I FEAR will happen with PD — the inexorable loss of all that I am, all that I have about myself? I don’t feel good about that. I cannot run from it. Do I “brace” for it? Let’s say I prepare myself for it — I’m much more prepared than I ever would have thought — getting my Advance Directive for health sorted out, working out the pros and cons of different sorts of “people” for enduring power of attorney. Even “little” things — sorting out who I want to be the various parts of my health care team — “I want that pharmacist – she’s had a father with PD, she’s caring, understanding, supportive, she knows me and what’s important to me, what I need or might need”. “I want that primary care doctor because he’s known me for so long, he respects me and my commitment to health, gives me freedom to explore various options, tests, supplements.”

Anonymous
        Inactive

Russell, you certainly have done your homework!  Having peace of mind is so important to reduce our stress levels..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot