Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s How do you feel about change?

• How do you feel about change?

Posted by Ally on November 7, 2019 at 6:39 pm

They say the only constant in life is change, and it’s true. How do you feel about change, though? Do you embrace it? Brace for it? Run from it?

With PD, change can be incremental. Do you feel differently about that kind of change?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Russell Wilson

November 7, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I think the question is too broad. How do I feel about what sort of change?

If you’re asking me about what I FEAR will happen with PD — the inexorable loss of all that I am, all that I have about myself? I don’t feel good about that. I cannot run from it. Do I “brace” for it? Let’s say I prepare myself for it — I’m much more prepared than I ever would have thought — getting my Advance Directive for health sorted out, working out the pros and cons of different sorts of “people” for enduring power of attorney. Even “little” things — sorting out who I want to be the various parts of my health care team — “I want that pharmacist – she’s had a father with PD, she’s caring, understanding, supportive, she knows me and what’s important to me, what I need or might need”. “I want that primary care doctor because he’s known me for so long, he respects me and my commitment to health, gives me freedom to explore various options, tests, supplements.”

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 8, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Russell, you certainly have done your homework!  Having peace of mind is so important to reduce our stress levels..