Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

I have found massage to be very helpful to relieve the stiffness in my neck.  However, my insurance does not cover it.  Have you tried massage?  If so, has it helped PD induced stiffness?  Does your insurance cover it?

Jo S.
      Participant

I get massage therapy three to four times a month. My massage therapist is wonderful (and comparatively inexpensive), and I’d love to go more often if I could afford it. She doesn’t fully understand rigidity, so she’s often giving me advice that would be more appropriate for a “normal” (non-PD) person. Insurance in my state rarely covers massage therapy, and mine doesn’t at all. It partially covers speech therapy, OT, and PT, but not massage therapy. In terms of massage helping rigidity, it does … a little … but it’s not long-lasting. It would probably help more if I could go every day. 🙂 Unfortunately, it doesn’t help with muscle cramping or spasms. That said, it feels really good and is soooo relaxing, and that alone is worth it.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

jo

that is great that you can get massage several times a month.  I am with you… every day would be nice 🙂  i think it is a shame massage is not covered by insurance.  the relaxation and de-stressing benefits alone are are therapeutic.

Jo S.
          Participant

Absolutely! My husband is retiring very soon (I’m still working full time), so I don’t know if we’ll be able to continue to afford it, but it definitely aids relaxation, which is something I most certainly need.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account