Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Have you tried coQ10 or ubiquinol to help relieve your symptoms?

Tagged: ,

• Have you tried coQ10 or ubiquinol to help relieve your symptoms?

Posted by Deleted User on September 26, 2018 at 9:00 am

Have you tried either of these supplements?  If so, did you find symptom relief?  What dosage and for how long?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Linda Sekura

April 6, 2019 at 8:30 pm

From another post I just wrote:

I read the recent studies, and was surprised they used oxidized CoQ10 vs reduced, which is absorbed multiple times better – and also focused on improved symptoms vs halting further symptoms, which I always read was the purpose of the Ubiquinol. Although, in the 2nd CoQ10 study, they did have good results in helping with symptoms, but the 3rd study didn’t bear that out. But I’m still confused as to the type of CoQ10 they selected.

My friend, David, agreed to try this, but wants to wait until he finishes his CoQ10 standard drug store stuff – 100mg twice a day. The Ubiquinol should make a difference at 1200mg, per the 2nd CoQ10 study, especially since, not only is it a higher dosage, it is 3X+ better absorbed. Wish we didn’t have to wait.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 6, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Hi Linda. I tried ubiquinol 1200mg per day for several months but I didn’t notice any change in my symptoms.

Sometimes I get so weary of all the ‘holy grails’ of natural treatments for PD

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 6, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Hi Linda. I tried ubiquinol 1200mg per day for several months but I didn’t notice any change in my symptoms.

Sometimes I get so weary of all the ‘holy grails’ of natural treatments for PD