Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

NAC in some studies has shown improvement in PD symptoms. Have you tried NAC, if so, what dosage and how often?  Has it helped you?

Shirley Cypher
      Participant

After discussing NAC with Joe’s neurologist (primarily interested in it for obsessive/compulsive behavior) he is taking 2 600mg capsules 4 times a day.  Interestingly enough it not only helped the o/c he also started speaking more clearly with less searching for words.  This was almost overnight and initially took 300 mg 3 times a day.  Dr suggested upping it to the 600 mg 3 times a day as that was what they were using in a trial I had asked him about.  I just recently upped it to 4 times a day.  Not sure if that is making a difference.  When I ran out of NAC  and it was about 3 days before I got more there was a marked difference.   He was definitely down.  Plan to deliberately withhold the NAC for about 3 days in the near future to see if the same thing happens.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

shirley, thank you again for such valuable info. sharing you experiences is so helpful for all of us.  i may consider NAC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account