Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Have you ever tried NAC supplementation?

• Have you ever tried NAC supplementation?

Posted by Deleted User on August 13, 2019 at 7:12 am

NAC in some studies has shown improvement in PD symptoms. Have you tried NAC, if so, what dosage and how often?  Has it helped you?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • shirley-cypher

October 31, 2019 at 4:41 pm

After discussing NAC with Joe’s neurologist (primarily interested in it for obsessive/compulsive behavior) he is taking 2 600mg capsules 4 times a day.  Interestingly enough it not only helped the o/c he also started speaking more clearly with less searching for words.  This was almost overnight and initially took 300 mg 3 times a day.  Dr suggested upping it to the 600 mg 3 times a day as that was what they were using in a trial I had asked him about.  I just recently upped it to 4 times a day.  Not sure if that is making a difference.  When I ran out of NAC  and it was about 3 days before I got more there was a marked difference.   He was definitely down.  Plan to deliberately withhold the NAC for about 3 days in the near future to see if the same thing happens.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      October 31, 2019 at 5:20 pm

shirley, thank you again for such valuable info. sharing you experiences is so helpful for all of us.  i may consider NAC