• Has anyone tried Rivastigmine?

Posted by jeane on July 24, 2024 at 12:22 pm

My husband, who has PD, also has mild cognitive impairment. He’s currently taking memantine which has helped somewhat. His doctor has also mentioned using the rivastigmine patch. Has anyone had any experience with that? Can you tell me what ways it has been helpful?

Thanks.

jeane replied 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Charlene

July 25, 2024 at 3:24 pm

My father has PD with moderate cognitive decline and he has been on that patch about two months now. The patch has helped significantly with reducing his anxiety and other cognitive issues. It took about 3-4 weeks to start to see the benefits. We were hesitant to put him on the patch but we are now glad we did.

• jeane

July 27, 2024 at 4:59 pm

Thank you for sharing your and your father’s experience. It sounds like it could be helpful for us too. Good to know that it will take a couple of weeks.

• Jailorsurf

July 25, 2024 at 4:02 pm

My Neurologist prescribed it to me about a year and a half ago. Although i have no cognitive issues, another patient with FOG symptoms had positive results using it. After using it for a few months, I did not see any discernible improvement in my freezing of gait AND the skin on my forehead developed a terrible rash and became quite dry. A few days after i stopped taking it my rash cleared up. Just to be sure, I tried it again a couple months later with the same results.

• jeane

July 27, 2024 at 5:01 pm

Thank you for the head’s up about the side effects, and that it doesn’t help everybody/every symptom.