Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise Did you set any exercise related goals for 2019?

• Did you set any exercise related goals for 2019?

Posted by ally on January 9, 2019 at 11:50 am

Is exercise already a part of your life? Do you participate in any PD-specific exercise programs like the Rock Steady Boxing Jean Mellano is a part of?

If exercise wasn’t already a part of your life, did you make a resolution to add it in this year? Why or why not?

I go to the gym as much as I can. It’s a big stress reliever and those happy hormones (endorphins) really do help me get through the days, especially in the winter. (Which is very dark and cold and loooong in Toronto.)

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 9, 2019 at 6:01 pm

I highly recommend Rock Steady Boxing. It is the best thing to ever happen to PwP

• alex-k-w-cheung

February 15, 2019 at 7:30 am

Initially, I was weak and struggled Very Hard for 2.5 years before some encouraging results merged! Choose the proper exercise, then the rewards would be far exciting!
    For myself, Every Monday – Tai Chi, Tuesday – Singing Loudly, Wednesday – Badmington,
    Thursday – Nordic Walk, Friday – Brisk Walk, Saturday – Nordic Walk!
    From Sunday to Saturday ( 7 Days of the Week ), Natural Walking( at the speed of about 100 Steps per minutes) for 45min.to 60min.!
    Please advise whether any modification or adjustment required!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      February 15, 2019 at 7:29 am

Good for you Alex!   Walking is wonderful!!  Since I am not a personal trainer or medical professional, I cannot advise you.  Let your results guide you.