Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Family and ​Caregivers​ Dealing with Personality Changes

• Dealing with Personality Changes

Posted by Diana on March 18, 2021 at 3:15 pm

1. Hello everyone. My husband is 64 and was diagnosed two years ago with Parkinson’s, although in retrospect we now realize that he has had symptoms for probably a decade or more.

My question is more regarding non-motor changes. I have noticed especially in the last few months that sometimes he misinterprets the way I speak to him or my actions. For example, his voice is very weak and hard to understand. A few days ago I leaned in closer and said “excuse me?“ And he said that I didn’t have to get aggressive with him. I am finding a lot lately that he misinterprets my words and actions. I feel like I am afraid to say anything and I’m walking on eggshells.

Does anyone deal with personality changes or perhaps misplaced anger towards the spouse? I am finding it a bit hard to deal with although I realize that I must be the one to change my perceptions. Any help or advice would be welcome and appreciated.

Diana replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.