Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Diana
      Participant

1. Hello everyone. My husband is 64 and was diagnosed two years ago with Parkinson’s, although in retrospect we now realize that he has had symptoms for probably a decade or more.

My question is more regarding non-motor changes. I have noticed especially in the last few months that sometimes he misinterprets the way I speak to him or my actions. For example, his voice is very weak and hard to understand. A few days ago I leaned in closer and said “excuse me?“ And he said that I didn’t have to get aggressive with him. I am finding a lot lately that he misinterprets my words and actions. I feel like I am afraid to say anything and I’m walking on eggshells.

Does anyone deal with personality changes or perhaps misplaced anger towards the spouse? I am finding it a bit hard to deal with although I realize that I must be the one to change my perceptions. Any help or advice would be welcome and appreciated.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Diana.
      • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Diana.
      • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Kevin Schaefer.
      • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Marta Ribeiro.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account