Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 8 of #30DaysOfPD: I Count My Blessings Every Day

• Day 8 of #30DaysOfPD: I Count My Blessings Every Day

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on April 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Lisa Murphy was diagnosed with Young Onset Parkinson’s disease one week after her 49th birthday. Right after she devoured all of the research, nutrition books, and more. Slowing down progression was Lisa’s number one goal.

Lisa believes that all the Smovey and beach walking, hiking, HIIT workouts, yoga, SUP, Qigong, RSB, dancing, every daily movement, and a healthy gut diet has done her body a world of good.  She also went the holistic route and waited until 2021 to start on traditional Parkinson’s meds.

Lisa, you are one resilient human being!

Now back to our PD Community: have you tried to exercise as a way to manage your symptoms? Has it worked for you?

To read the rest of Lisa’s story, and learn more about what works for her, click here:

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Jessie Madrigal Fletcher replied 2 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.