Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 26 of #30DaysOfPD: My Father Taught Me That Life Is Precious

• Day 26 of #30DaysOfPD: My Father Taught Me That Life Is Precious

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on April 27, 2022 at 5:36 pm

Michael Morale talks about his father, Nick Morale, who on Oct. 10, 2015, drew his last breath. Before he started showing signs of Parkinson’s, Michael’s father was the role model for health. Michael used to call him his little Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yet, as his Parkinson’s increased in severity, his balance and walking became a constant reminder of this horrific disease.

Through all of it, his attitude, spirit, and love of God never diminished. Michael has SMA, and uses a wheelchair since he was a kid. His father taught him that his lack of physical strength was just a small portion of his life. He taught Michael that even though he may be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, he had so much to live for.

Michael, it sounds like your father was an amazing human being.

Now back to our PD Community: What is the biggest lesson someone else has taught you?

To read the rest of Michael’s story, and learn more about his father, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Jessie Madrigal Fletcher replied 1 year, 12 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.