Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 17 of #30DaysOfPD: How I Support My Daughter on Her Parkinson’s Journey

• Day 17 of #30DaysOfPD: How I Support My Daughter on Her Parkinson’s Journey

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on April 18, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Darlene Barbian is a mom to Sam. Sam was diagnosed with Parkinson’s at age 21. Sam is now 31, yet not a single day goes by that Darlene does not worry about her daughter.

At the start of this journey, Darlene told her daughter that she would do anything for her. Sometimes she wants to take over everything. Others, she feels like she’s too hard on her. Sam has not allowed her disability define who she is, and constantly makes Darelene proud.

Darlene repeats the words of Michael J. Fox:

“Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there’s got to be a way through it.”

Darlene, Sam is blessed to have you!

Now back to our PD Community: How do you manage Parkinson’s within your family? How has it affected dynamics?

To read the rest of Darlene and Sam’s story, and find out more about how they manage, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jessie-madrigal-fletcher replied 1 year, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.