Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 13 of #30DaysofPD: Keep Moving Forward With a Sense of Humor

• Day 13 of #30DaysofPD: Keep Moving Forward With a Sense of Humor

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 14, 2022 at 12:50 pm

This is Tommy Stringer’s story.

Tommy recently resigned from his position in the South Carolina House of Representatives after 13 years. He jokes that Parkinson’s is the only progressive thing about him. Throughout his PD journey, he’s used humor as a primary coping mechanism. He also writes about his DBS surgery in 2019, and other treatment techniques.

Here’s an excerpt, “My walk with Parkinson’s will take me even deeper into the dopamine nexus between the brain and the mind. I’m very conscious that preparing for such a journey requires me to make realistic choices about how much energy I can commit to my responsibilities to family and business.”

Do you have any takeaways from Tommy’s story?

Parkinson’s News Today’s 30 Days of PD campaign will publish one story per day for Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month in April. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPD, or read the full series.

kevin-schaefer replied 2 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.