Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 10 of #30DaysOfPD: You’re Not Alone

• Day 10 of #30DaysOfPD: You’re Not Alone

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on April 11, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Traci Caldwell’s Parkinson’s journey is a little complicated. It started in July 2018 after some new medication caused a seizure and left her with dystonic movements. Doctors said it would resolve after stopping the medication, but it continued.

Traci went to many different doctors and sadly got no answers. It was very frustrating and scary. After a year, she found a neurologist who tried her on Sinemet, and her symptoms improved. Soon after came the shocking: “You have Parkinson’s Disease.”

During her journey, Traci has connected with many wonderful people within the Parkinson’s community. She knows she is not alone.

Traci, you are 100% not alone, we are with you!

Now back to our PD Community: How was the road to your own diagnosis? Was it straightforward?

To read the rest of Traci’s story, and find out how she managed every step of the way, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Phil Brown replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Phil Brown

April 14, 2022 at 11:13 am

My journey began in early 2014 when I was 44.

• Phil Brown

April 14, 2022 at 11:15 am

I noticed some movement in my right hand. I monitored it for a few weeks and eventually took myself off to my doctor. I had a brain CT the next morning and saw a neurologist a few weeks later. They referred me to a special tremor study clinic in Melbourne (I am in Australia)

• Phil Brown

April 14, 2022 at 11:21 am

This is when problems began. The referral got lost and it was six months before I got to the clinic. They said they would do a report and I should see my doctor in about a month. The report took nine months to get done.

• Phil Brown

April 14, 2022 at 11:27 am

I got my diagnosis of Parkinson’s in 2016 at the age of 46