Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

Are you the child of a person with Parkinson’s disease? How has your parent’s illness progression impacted your relationship? Are you taking on the role of a caregiver, and if so, has that brought you closer to your mom/dad or caused issues?

If you’re the parent, how do you see things? Are you worried about the impact of having PD on your kids? Are you worried they might one day have to deal with the disease themselves?

Rola
      Participant

My aunt has Parkinson’s disease, and I’m the only one who can take care of her. I really love my aunt, so I do my best so she can feel protected. It’s a pity, but she has no children, so as I’ve said, I’m the only one.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Rola.
        Rola
        Participant

Btw, I used to help guys from https://fosterplus.org. They take care of children with mental diseases. I actually learned a bit there, so I can give my aunt better treatment. She’s a great open-hearted person, actually, but destiny has its own plans. So that’s my little story. It’s a bit silent here, so I’d like to read some other stories. TIA

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Rola.
          Ally
          Keymaster

Rola, I’m sorry for the late reply but I wanted to say thank you for sharing your story and the Foster Plus resource. I hope others find it helpful, too. Your aunt is blessed to have your love and care!

Mary Beth Skylis

I am! I think that Parkinson’s has softened me to my dad’s reality. I used to think he was tough-as-nails, and a constant force to be reckoned with. I still think he’s pretty amazing, but for different reasons. He’s determined, and willing to shift his lifestyle in really challenging ways to fight Parkinson’s. And I’m proud of that.

I’m not really a caregiver. When I’m home, I’ll take him to appointments and whatnot. But I don’t live in the same state as him.

Denise
      Participant

My father and then my husband both had/have Parkinson’s Disease. I am not worried about getting this disease genetically because both of their “maternal grandmother’s” had it. It followed that pathway in both of the men in my life. I have had restless leg syndrome, but believe that’s just a menopause issue.  And my mother was mostly my father’s caregiver, until we finally convinced her she needed help one year before his passing. How has all this affected me? I formed the “Positively Parkinson’s Support Group” in our area with the premise of sharing one positive strategy or observation you’ve made in the past month that is helping in some way to alleviate a symptom (or many). Its a group which shares both medical and non-medical opportunities to improve the quality of life among our members!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Denise.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot