• Posted by Harold (Butch) Hackney on January 27, 2022 at 2:55 pm

Has anyone tried Botox injections for overactive bladder? I was diagnosed with oab before I was finally diagnosed with parkinson disease. I had the Euro Lift procedure done,no help. Then my urologist suggested the TURP procedure,NO THANKS. Then he talked about the BOTOX injections and the complications. My primary care dr.Told me that they have worked some of compliments out of the BOTOX injections. I was wondering if anyone has tried the BOTOX injections.
    Thanks,
    Butch Hackney

james-corbin replied 11 months, 4 weeks ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • hunterum

April 14, 2023 at 9:57 am

Hey Butch, I haven’t personally tried Botox injections for overactive bladder, but I have heard from others who have had positive results with it. Botox can help to relax the bladder muscles, which can reduce the urgency and frequency of urination.

• dave-goldman

April 18, 2023 at 7:20 pm

One thing to be sure your urologist knows, if they don’t have a lot of Parkinson’s experience:

For patients with a neurologic component to their bladder issues (e.g., Parkinson’s patients), it’s recommended to start with a lower-than-usual dose of Botox. The risk of urinary retention (i.e., too much bladder muscle paralysis) is much greater in these patients.

• hunterum

April 19, 2023 at 8:49 am

Hey Butch, I haven’t personally tried Botox injections for overactive bladder, but I have heard from others who have had positive results with it. Botox can help to relax the bladder muscles, which can reduce the urgency and frequency of urination. Of course, as with any medical procedure, there are potential risks and complications, so it’s important to talk to your doctor about your options and any concerns you may have. I recently came across a place called Raw Beauty Aesthetics that offers Botox treatments for various medical conditions, including overactive bladder. They may be able to provide more information and answer any questions you have. Here’s their website: https://rawbeautyaesthetics.com/services/filler-treatment-in-woodland-hills-ca/

• luca

April 25, 2023 at 1:09 pm

It’s understandable to feel hesitant about the potential complications of Botox injections, but I’ve heard that they can be effective for some people with overactive bladder.

• beth-t-browne

April 25, 2023 at 7:56 pm

I am presently dealing with such issues.  The doctor did recommend Botox but I declined.  It doesn’t last a long time.  I wanted the new pill they now have for this problem that I tried that was great.  However, it costs 247.+ for 30 days.  I said I could not afford that.  She asked if I could afford $100 for 30 days, and I said no.  I am 86 with a number of serious health issues and too many prescriptions.  She gave me two other options.  One involved an implant procedure and I said no.   Therapy which I had in San Diego approximately 10 yrs ago, or maybe 15.  You go in once a week and they do percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation(PTNS) for 30 min.  That was not painful and I had no side effects.  So, I will try it again.

• randy-s

April 26, 2023 at 5:36 pm

Hey Butch, happy simply tried myrbetriq. worked well for me and is a very low side effect profile oral medication.

• james-corbin

April 27, 2023 at 2:13 pm

Myrbetriq works well but is very expensive. I am using Oxybutinin and it works well and is much more affordable. I take it around 8pm and do not need to urinate until 8am. No getting up during the night.

• lisa-byce

April 28, 2023 at 9:20 am

Ive done botox for the last 3 yrs

works great

mine last about a yr or so

Lisa