Tagged: ,

• Have you had COVID-19?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on March 8, 2021 at 6:12 pm

So far, out of my 8 family members, two of us have had COVID-19. My sister and my brother displayed very few symptoms. Luckily, no one else has had the virus. But I’m curious if any of you have had COVID? If so, what was your experience like?

Lilian McLean replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Krukar

September 24, 2021 at 5:48 pm

I was diagnosed with Coronavirus 8/27. I had had both coronavirus shots in February. We wound up at the Sedona ER which was packed. There were no hospital beds in the area. The “breakthrough virus” was awful but I did not die. The combo of virus and Parkinson’s was very tough.

Rather than go to Phoenix where hospital beds were also scarce we left the E.R. after 6 hours ‘against medical advice’ and went home. Then I started to improve. I started to exercise after 4 days on the couch. I received the monochronal antibody infusion 6 days later and things improved. I have survived. Blessings, Mike

• Mary Beth Skylis

November 3, 2021 at 8:11 am

Krukar,

I’m so glad that you were able to make it past that chapter. It sounds like a really scary experience — especially in relation to Parkinson’s disease. My dad thinks he had the first variant way back when. But he seems to be doing well lately.

• Denise

November 2, 2021 at 1:54 pm

No I haven’t had covid but I have a good friend who has had it, this was before being vaccinated, very very bad experience,

• Shy Cat

November 3, 2021 at 9:25 am

I got Covid before the vaccine. I was lucky as my symptoms weren’t too bad. Just one day of body aches and one week of nausea and vomiting. No long Covid either.

• Lilian McLean

April 24, 2022 at 10:40 am

Yes, it was awful, but hopefully I passed through it.