• Simmon Belka

January 8, 2023 at 7:31 am

AFAIK, there are many groups on both Facebook and TikTok that are dedicated to supporting people with Parkinson’s disease and raising awareness about the condition. As long as the content created is respectful, and people are considerate when sharing information about Parkinson’s disease or any other health condition on social media, it can be a good way to inform people who wouldn’t normally know much about it.

• Ally

January 10, 2023 at 7:19 pm

Thanks, Simmon – I agree! I have actually learned a lot about people and experiences different from my own from Tiktok. I haven’t yet come across any Parkinson’s content but I’m sure now that I’ve typed this reply, I will. It’s amazing how social media can support understanding and education across sometimes fast geographic, experiential and generational differences.

• Gauri

January 20, 2023 at 8:45 am

Hi
    I am Gauri, 52. I was 41 but I was detected with Parkinson. Somehow learnt to deal with it! I am multi talented person. I am an artist and actor a vocalist I can play any instrument I can sing Indian classical vocal I do painting and alot more …
    I started my YouTube channel on which I recite poetries written by famous poets writers 3 years ago. I don’t have too many followers or too many subscribers but I have YouTube channel I have Instagram account and Facebook and Twitter all platforms I have the same channel and good amount of 250 / 300 subscriber followers on each channel with views running up to 4 digits and about 150 videos have been uploaded until today. Reciting poetries is my passion acting is my passion singing is my passion any form of art is my passion, it gives me immense pleasure.

• Ally

January 24, 2023 at 6:42 pm

Hi Gauri, if you feel comfortable, perhaps you can drop your social media URLs in a comment so folks can follow you. 🙂