Tagged: 

• Linda M

June 29, 2022 at 9:08 am

I began another 6 weeks of PT this week.  My therapist was very experienced in home health care. I mentioned, I was having trouble getting out of bed.  I tended to rise up and lead with my inner arm and shoulder instead of using the inside leg.  He explained the steps for a better method: bend your inside leg up and then swing it over the outer leg toward the edge of the bed.  Then raise your upper  torso, and bring your inner arm and shoulder across your chest and toward the edge of the bed.  My PT explained that after practicing 10+ times, your body/mind  would revert to this pattern, and it would becgin to feel very natural.  Leading with the lower body seems  to save the neck, shoulders, and sciatica from additional strain.  Hope this is helpful. First time Replier:  Linda M. So.Carolina

• Jeanette Jagst

June 29, 2022 at 8:28 pm

My husband who has had PD for 29yrs now has an alternating air mattress. He is pretty immobile at night and this mattress helps with pressure care. The mattress is made of foam with air “cells” that inflate and deflate alternately. It is like the ones used in hospitals and requires an electric pump. He also has a self help pole, a bed rail on one side and a bed pole/grab rail on the other to help with turning. Needless to say, the bed is an electric adjustable bed also. Before he had this equipment, he liked a firmer mattress otherwise he felt “bogged down” and unable to move.

• Duke

June 30, 2022 at 2:37 pm

No recommendations on mattress, but I’ve found Bamboo Sheets to be very breathable and has a much beeter slide factor vs cotton. Got them 1yr ago and won’t go back to others. During winter I do put a Jersey Knit top sheet under bamboo for warmth

• Joanne

June 30, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Try out a Sleep Number mattress. If you don’t like, they’ll probably take it back. COSTCO is very good at letting you purchase & return. My son returned mattresses to them about 3 times until he found one he was comfortable with. God bless you.

• Mark

July 5, 2022 at 3:55 pm

I recommend you get silky pajamas and keep the Tempur-pedic

Page 2 of 2