Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Which Parkinson’s advocate inspires you the most?

• Which Parkinson’s advocate inspires you the most?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on February 24, 2020 at 6:00 am

Even before he was diagnosed with PD, my Dad has always loved Muhammah Ali. He’s a fighter. And he started inspiring people to use boxing to combat Parkinson’s (even though boxing is suspected to have caused his PD). After my dad was diagnosed with PD, Ali became an even greater inspiration. He held the torch at the 2016 olympics and visibly shook in front of the world.

Which Parkinson’s advocate inspires you the most? Do you have any superheroes?

Mary Beth Skylis replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jo S.

February 25, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Michael J. Fox (of course!) and Linda Ronstadt are two of my PD superheroes. I think we’re all heroes in one way or another, though. Just making it through most days is enough for any one of us to be awarded our own superhero cape, even if nobody else can see it! 🙂

• Jo S.

February 25, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Oh, and Alexander Tressor of pdonthemove.com — I’m a huge fan and adore his sense of humor.

• Argya Bayuaji

February 25, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Muhammad Ali and Michael J. Fox are my inspiration and provide an injection of motivation to continue to fight against Parkinson’s Disease. But, my other inspiration are all my friends who are fighting the illness that is being suffered, especially Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders

• Mary Beth Skylis

February 26, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Those are all such beautiful inspirations. And Argya, I think you’re onto something regarding being inspired by your peers. I’m inspired by my Dad (diagnosed in 2013) for giving PD everything he’s got! And his peers at Rock Steady Boxing are equally inspiring.