• gjpillay

October 12, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Hi Greg here, I live in Cape Town, South Africa.

I’m keen to try out the Mannitol Project and have enrolled with CliniCrowd.

I’m experiencing difficulty in sourcing Mannitol locally in Cape Town.

Any pointers as to where I can source Mannitol locally?

I also found the research and discussion on Butyric Acid and Niacin interesting.

I am glad to have joined this forum and look forward to exchanging information that affects PD patients.
    Thanks.

Greg

• ally

October 13, 2020 at 4:44 pm

Hi Greg, forgive me if you’ve tried this already, but is Amazon an option? Or do you know of anyone in the US or Canada who could order it for you there and ship it to you? Mannitol is not a drug so I don’t think there would be any issues with mailing it.

• phil-gattis

October 14, 2020 at 8:18 am

Hi, Mary Beth.  I’m in the New York Catskill mountains.

• nadine-eidman

October 15, 2020 at 2:42 pm

We live in Houston, TX. My husband has early stages and still just on rasagiline. Not sure it’s helping. Thank you for this forum. It is an enormous resource and gift to benefit from one another’s experiences.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 15, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Originally from NYC (Staten Island), we currently live in northern New Mexico.

• dianne-r

October 15, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Hi. Dianne here. I live in sunny Southwest Florida. Very close to Naples.

• sharon-fisher

October 15, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Hi. I am in Lynchburg VA

• jacque-walston

October 15, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Greetings, all. I live in Denton, Texas, north of Dallas and Ft. Worth where I-35 rejoins going North. I am very grateful for this forum, too, especially now as our Parkinsons’ Support Group here has stopped meeting because of the pandemic. I’m not one to just pick up the phone and call someone, but I do love reading and responding to this forum. It’s great to learn from others with similar problems. (and I’m thankful for computers that correct misspellings as I have a lazy ssssssssssssss finger. LOL)

• bridielena

October 15, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Hello, Have moved around frequently and finally now in Currimundi,Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia. Because of serious falls in my home I’m now in a facility where I’m looked after in every way possible. This is a particularly lovely part of Queensland with the Pacific Ocean about 1 kilometre away. All the outings to Restaurants, Movie Theatres, Shopping etc ceased in March because of COVT. We try to stay upbeat and planning for Christmas in isolation already underway. Large facility with lovely garden areas which will have separate themes in lights. As visitors …2 at a time only must leave by 6.00 pm it’s doubtful they will view but hopefully hours can increase to 7/8 over the Festive season.
    I’m a 15 year PD veteran and have come to terms with realising there’s no cure but willing to try anything to ease symptoms. Dyskenesia is the Sword of Damocles on my back with relief only when Levedopa decreased but then so is mobility. Enough of me. Take care everyone.

• clive-varejes

October 16, 2020 at 7:25 am

I am in Cape Town, South Africa.

Apparently a blind/placebo test found that about 1000mg of Vit E daily may help, but like everything else it is all supposition.

• mary-beth-skylis

October 16, 2020 at 9:45 am

Wow! We have people from everywhere. I am originally from the Detroit, Michigan area. But I’ve been in Denver, Colorado for the past few years and I’m headed to Asheville, North Carolina for the winter. I’ve found it really neat to see how PD communities vary accross communities.

• anthony

October 17, 2020 at 9:23 am

Hi there,

I am in Canada, Ontario.

• hallman

October 20, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I live in the small town of Clinton, Illinois in the center of the state surrounded by corn and soybean fields.