Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s What made you smile this week?

• What made you smile this week?

Posted by ally on October 19, 2022 at 3:10 pm

Some days and weeks are harder than others, but we usually have at least one reason to smile. What is a reason for you to smile this week?

For me, it’s always my cat. He’s so weird and funny, and every little move or facial expression he makes brings me pure joy – even when he’s up to mischief! 

ally replied 10 months, 4 weeks ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • wbblygirl

October 20, 2022 at 5:05 pm

My car hand break light was on all the time – and beeped. I took it to our usual mechanic who couldn’t find anything wrong and said he’d have another look next service. Today I discovered a small black Vietnamese sweet was stuck under the handbrake – a present from a lady in our PD exercise class. I’m feeling very clever and can’t wait to tell the mechanic.

• ally

October 20, 2022 at 8:07 pm

Thanks for sharing, Wobblygirl! That’s great news and will save you some time and money at the shop for sure. 🙂

• dtm23020optonline-net

October 21, 2022 at 2:19 am

This silly dog we rescued… our third beagle. He is like our other beagles in many ways, but as our others, also different. He buries his “bones” dog treats. First he did this outside, now he looks for places around the house  to bury it. And about a week later he “digs” it up to eat it. Natural dog instinct to bury. Our other dogs didn’t have it. He does. And he takes very good care to bury it under toys, inbetween couch cushions.. we crack up!

• mary-beth-skylis

October 22, 2022 at 11:24 am

I have a beagle mix too, and sometimes he likes to hide his treats for later. I always assumed it was because his big sister tends to steal his treats. I didn’t know it was a breed trait!

• dtm23020optonline-net

October 22, 2022 at 11:17 pm

Our other two beagles didn’t do this.. but he cracks us up. And come 8pm him me and my husband cannot sit in the same room together. It has to be one on one.. he sits or sleeps nicely s when it’s one of us.. but together, he is a ball of energy no matter how much run time he has had outside!

• ally

October 27, 2022 at 6:43 pm

What a funny little guy. Thanks for sharing, Marie! My family’s dog is probably part Beagle (not totally sure) and he has a similar obsession with digging up and burying his treats in a particular spot in my parents’ garden.

• stev

October 21, 2022 at 10:09 am

Seeing my grandkids. Jonah is one and a half and has a smile that lights up the world. And Abby is two and a half and is so cute she could be a child model.

• ally

October 27, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Aww, I bet they love spending time with you, too. Thanks for sharing, Stev!

• stev

October 21, 2022 at 10:09 am

Seeing my grandkids. Jonah is one and a half and has a smile that lights up the world. And Abby is two and a half and is so cute she could be a child model.

• mary-beth-skylis

October 22, 2022 at 11:23 am

I love this topic so much. This week, I got to see my little brother tie the knot with my knew sister-in-law. And I’m still buzzing with happiness. I hope everyone else is having some wins and happy moments!

• ally

October 27, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Congratulations to your family, Mary Beth! That’s awesome news!

• dolores-reiman

May 2, 2023 at 4:08 pm

I am in the midst of making Christmas Stockings fo  my Daughter in laws family.  My grandson CALLED ME UP TO BE SURE HIS IS GOING TO BE THE BIGGEST ONE.  i TRY TO FIND AT LEAST ONE GOOD REASO FOR A HEARTY LAUGH EACH DAY.   Happy trails to all  BUTCH

• mary-beth-skylis

May 3, 2023 at 9:28 am

Haha! Your grandson sounds like someone who fights for what he wants. Where does he get that from?

• ally

May 4, 2023 at 3:37 pm

Aww, that’s so cute! Thanks for sharing! Your grandson sounds like a great little guy!