This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 4 months ago.

• Author
     Ally 
    Keymaster

Everyone has fears. I’m afraid of snakes, my loved ones getting sick or dying, and if I’m honest, I’m kind of afraid of my own death, too. I believe in God and life after death, but that doesn’t mean I’m not freaked out about what comes next.

What are you afraid of? Are you more or less afraid of things now that you have PD? Are you afraid of your disease’s progression? Do you ever talk to anyone else about your fears or do you keep them to yourself?

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ally.
     Marcus Sutherland 
    Participant

I’m afraid of dementia, not being able to remember things or people. I also worry about not being mobile I’m very independent.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Me too Marcus.  I also fear losing my ability to drive.  where i live, there is no mass transit to speak of.

Amelie 
    Participant

I am afraid how the PD of my husband will progress.  How long will he be still independent.  In which way will he be affected first.   All this is so new to us. And it seems nobody can give us any reply.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

hi amelie, because of the uncertainty of PD,  it can be very frightening.  if i think about the future, it will bring me down…Know that everyone with PD is affected differently with different symptoms and not everyone progresses at the same rate.

I have found exercise and movement have worked best for me and i do believe it has slowed my progression.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account