• What are you afraid of?

Posted by ally on May 28, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Everyone has fears. I’m afraid of snakes, my loved ones getting sick or dying, and if I’m honest, I’m kind of afraid of my own death, too. I believe in God and life after death, but that doesn’t mean I’m not freaked out about what comes next.

What are you afraid of? Are you more or less afraid of things now that you have PD? Are you afraid of your disease’s progression? Do you ever talk to anyone else about your fears or do you keep them to yourself?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 1:35 pm

I’m afraid of dementia, not being able to remember things or people. I also worry about not being mobile I’m very independent.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Me too Marcus.  I also fear losing my ability to drive.  where i live, there is no mass transit to speak of.

• amelie

June 20, 2019 at 12:05 pm

I am afraid how the PD of my husband will progress.  How long will he be still independent.  In which way will he be affected first.   All this is so new to us. And it seems nobody can give us any reply.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      June 20, 2019 at 1:18 pm

hi amelie, because of the uncertainty of PD,  it can be very frightening.  if i think about the future, it will bring me down…Know that everyone with PD is affected differently with different symptoms and not everyone progresses at the same rate.

I have found exercise and movement have worked best for me and i do believe it has slowed my progression.