• Spring weather

Posted by Ally on April 6, 2019 at 2:02 pm

In Toronto, where I live, we are finally starting to experience spring weather! The rising temperatures and longer days are a sign that we can start spending more time outside comfortably. I can’t wait!

Is something similar happening where you live? Are you looking forward to spending more time outside now that the weather is improving? What are some of your favourite things to do outdoors in the springtime?

Ally replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 7, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Here in Missouri  We are recovering from a long cold winter! There is a path around a lake by my house I love walking when the sun is shining at the top is a waterfall it’s very relaxing. Walking at a brisk pace seems to alleviate my tremor for awhile also helps my mood.

• Ally

April 8, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Sounds beautiful, Marcus! Especially the part about the waterfall.

I’ve never been to Missouri but I’d love to visit. What is Missouri best known for? Have you lived there your whole life?

I’m happy going for walks seems to be good for both your tremors and your mood. Isn’t nature amazing?!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 8, 2019 at 6:27 pm

I live near Kansas City, we are known best for our BBQ and our sports teams kansKa City royals won the world series a few years ago. Been here my whole life except for some time in the army. It’s a beautiful state lots of state parks KC has a great symphony Hall and a riverfront market. The sunshine and exercise really do help I think as much as the medicine.

• Ally

April 9, 2019 at 4:46 pm

You should work for Missouri Tourism, Marcus! 🙂 Kansas City sounds great.

• Ally

April 9, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Oops, hit submit too soon. I was also wondering if you got to travel much in your time in the army, and if so, whereabouts did you go?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 9, 2019 at 5:35 pm

I did get to travel a lot I loved it! Stationed in Germany spent leave time in Amsterdam, the black Forrest, Paris many trips to England I loved it there the people were so friendly. I once went on a two week trip in the Swiss Alps got the worst sunburn of my life on the slopes! And here in the states I’ve been to New York, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas and Georgia. I would love to visit the Canadian Rockies one day on a rail trip. How about you have you traveled much?

• Ally

April 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm

That sounds amazing! Apart from England, those are all places I have yet to visit. I actually went to university in England for a bit and most of my family is in the UK, so I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales.

My next trip will be to Trinidad in June and then I’m off to BC in July. I haven’t seen the Rockies either but would really like to. Lake Louise in Alberta is also on my bucket list, as is Georgia! I really, really want to check out Savannah in particular.

It’s another sunny day here in Toronto and I hope the same is true for you in Missouri!