Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Special interview tomorrow on Facebook Live!

• Special interview tomorrow on Facebook Live!

Posted by ally on June 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm

In many places around the world, June is Pride Month and an opportunity to celebrate and learn more about folks in the LGBTQ+ community. I’m so excited to share that as part of Pride Month, I’ll be hosting a special interview on Facebook Live tomorrow at 7 p.m. ET with Dr. Chi-Ying (Roy) Lin.

Dr. Lin is an assistant professor of neurology at Baylor College of Medicine with a particular research interest in LGBTQ+ care and research in Parkinson’s. As part of the LGBTQ community, Dr. Lin’s over-arching goal is to continue promoting awareness and addressing the unmet neurological needs for the sexual and gender minorities through research, advocacy, and collaboration.

Some of the things we’ll be chatting about include:

• Why disclosing pronouns and sexual identity can be important to Parkinson’s care
    • The role of hormones in Parkinson’s, particularly for patients who are transgender
    • How to find and select LGBTQ+ inclusive care providers

I hope that if this is a conversation that interests you, you can join us on the Parkinson’s News Today Facebook page at 7 p.m. ET for the interview!

ally replied 1 year, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.