Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Research New Tool Will Provide More Precise Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Patients

• New Tool Will Provide More Precise Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Patients

Posted by Forum Moderator on March 21, 2019 at 11:33 am

A tool called Vercise Cartesia Directional Lead is intended to provide more precise deep brain stimulation (DBS) treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease. Researchers at UHealth — University of Miami Health System recently became the first in the Eastern U.S. and the second in the country to adopt the system. Learn more about this exciting new tool for treating Parkinson’s disease here.

What do you think about DBS? Are you interested in learning more about this tool or trying it for yourself?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • George Kapetanakis

March 22, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I just had DBS done last year and they used the Medtronic Activa SC. I wish I had waited a bit longer for this superior technology.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 22, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Thanks for your comment George.  How are you faring with DBS?  Did the surgery help improve your quality of life?

• George Kapetanakis

March 22, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Yes, overall it did. Although one side is much better than the other.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      March 23, 2019 at 5:58 am

George, I am happy to hear that.  Making the decision to have DBS must be a difficult one.   Glad your outcome was improved…