This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 1 month ago.

• Author
     Forum Moderator 
    Keymaster

A tool called Vercise Cartesia Directional Lead is intended to provide more precise deep brain stimulation (DBS) treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease. Researchers at UHealth — University of Miami Health System recently became the first in the Eastern U.S. and the second in the country to adopt the system. Learn more about this exciting new tool for treating Parkinson’s disease here.

What do you think about DBS? Are you interested in learning more about this tool or trying it for yourself?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

I just had DBS done last year and they used the Medtronic Activa SC. I wish I had waited a bit longer for this superior technology.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Thanks for your comment George.  How are you faring with DBS?  Did the surgery help improve your quality of life?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

Yes, overall it did. Although one side is much better than the other.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

George, I am happy to hear that.  Making the decision to have DBS must be a difficult one.   Glad your outcome was improved…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account