Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Therapies and Medications Medicare Part D, did you struggle with your decision?

• Medicare Part D, did you struggle with your decision?

Posted by Deleted User on December 10, 2019 at 8:43 am

I really struggled this year choosing a Medicare Part D plan.   Firstly, last year’s plan doubled in its monthly cost.  Then, I am still trying to figure out my correct ‘cocktail’ of meds and trying to determine what might be next for me to see if it will be on my potential plan is an effort in futility.  Then, there is drug tiering, preferred pharmacies, mail order, 90 day supply considerations that come in to play.  yikes! It shouldnt have to be so hard..  Did you struggle with choosing your 2020 Medicare drug plan?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jo S.

December 10, 2019 at 10:51 am

We didn’t struggle with choosing our plan because we’re already in a particular “system” here that includes our doctors and my movement disorder clinic. We also had some guidance from an independent consultant, and that was very helpful as far as choosing which plan to go with in the “system” (there are only two or three to select from). But, that said, this stuff shouldn’t be that hard or confusing, especially considering the age group it’s intended for. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be if I were on my on or didn’t have an excellent consultant to assist us and answer our questions. And people who are significantly older than we are must have a real bear of a time sorting this out!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Jo, you are so right, it shouldnt have to be so hard for the age group (PD or not) Medicare is meant for.  And to think we have to do this once a year, ugh