This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Getting a PD diagnosis at any age is frightening, but I cant imagine being stricken at a young age.  I was diagnosed at age 61.  When were you diagnosed?  Did you go for a second opinion?

Anonymous

52 I couldn’t believe it seemed too young

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Marcus, I do believe the disease also ages us before our time.   I have a friend who just turned 90 and she tells me the PD symptoms I have now are what she is experiencing due to her age.

Markus 
    Participant

I was diagnosed at age 34.

Ally 
      Keymaster

Wow, that’s very young, Markus. How did you feel when you received your diagnosis? Were you surprised? Is there a history of PD in your family? Have you connected with any other young people with PD?

Lou Hevly 
    Participant

I was 64 when my initial tremors were misdiagnosed as essential tremor and 66 when they did a definitive DaTscan (I’ll be 70 in June).

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Getting a DaTscan finally convinced me that I had PD..  It was quite frightening to see how my brain was not lit up like it should be 🙁

https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/2018/12/18/parkinsons-disease-datscan-dopamine-transporter-levodopa-carbidopa-rotigotine-spect-imaging/

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jean Mellano.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account