Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s How is PD impacting your life stage?

• How is PD impacting your life stage?

Posted by ally on May 29, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Parkinson’s disease can be diagnosed at any time. I know that in this forum we have older adults with PD as well as younger adults with early-onset PD.

I’m curious to know how having PD has impacted your stage of life. If you’re an older adult, did it shorten your career and cause you to retire early? If it did, how have your plans for your retirement years changed?

If you’re younger, perhaps PD has also impacted your career, your marriage and/or your decision to have children. If you’re comfortable sharing, I’d love to know more about the impact PD has had on these aspects of your life and how you’re coping with these unforeseen changes.

Deleted User replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I’m early onset had to quit my job I worked as a tree trimmer couldn’t handle chainsaws or ladders. It took some getting used to slower paced semi-retired life.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I retired in 2010, 5 years prior to my diagnosis.  I am thankful I had a few years of retired bliss without PD.