Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

On some days, my dad wakes up feeling enthusiastic and strong. On others, he sleeps poorly and spends the waking hours in a state of exhaustion. How do you manage your low-energy days? Do you ever nap? Do you take a break from your exercise routine?

Clive Varejes
      Participant

I know the feeling.

I actually force myself to go to gym or cycle, and that actually makes me feel more energetic.

Louis Comitini
      Participant

If I workout, walk slow jog or some type of movement, I generally feel much better and less sluggish during the day.  It’s a brutal feeling but once in a while I go for a 15 minute to a half hour rest, which usually brings me closer to my next medication and feel better eventually.  When I sleep poorly I always feel like crap during the day.  For me a good sleep and exercise is the key to having a better day, even a walk outside makes me feel better.

Love to all of you with PD and all our friends and family who help us have a better day/week/month

Louis Comitini Hudson Quebec Canada

Stev
      Participant

I have found nicotine to be an amazing help in concentration and energy both. But never through smoking. Nicotine in the form of gum or lozenges.. I recommend “Lucy Gum” or lozenges. I have also found that methylene blue is excellent for increased energy. The only real downside is a Smurf tongue. But if you are masking for Covid NBD.

Clive Varejes
        Participant

Strange, I’ve never heard of that before, but as we have slightly differing symptoms different things work for us.

Garry Maxfield
      Participant

On low energy days I push to keep my regular routine; I find the more active I am, (within reason), the better I feel. While everyone will have different degrees and different lifestyles, walking up and down steps and keeping up my archery is both mentally and physically helpful in my situation

Marlene Donnelly
      Participant

I have found that caffeinated mints (comes as gum too) help.  Drinking a cup of coffee bothers my stomach, but I have no problem with these.  I use the Viter Energy brand that is online.  Their sample pack is inexpensive, and once I found I liked them, the offers available make the cost of these mints very reasonable.

Leslie
      Participant

When I have a low energy day, I am useless. I’ve tried to push myself & break through the sluggishness which for me has always resulted in a physical accident, or messes to clean up because of my clumsiness. My low energy even makes it difficult to transfer & pushback in my wheelchair.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account