Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

PD seems to cycle in and out of my life a daily basis, sometimes hourly regardless of when I take meds.   My symptoms can really be acting up and sometimes, I ‘almost’ feel normal.  How about you?  Do your symptoms fluctuate?

Claudio
      Participant

Symptoms fluctuation is an “intriguing” issue for me. Because, I think, the more I understand how symptoms fluctuation works, the better can be my quality of life.
      I see 2 different types of fluctuations: the “unexpected ” and the predictable. Than I split the former in
      >Negative fluctuations, possibly due to some delays (food conflicts? emotional stress?) in the difficult journey of meds to the brain or due to other chemical process (disturbed sleep) in the brain.
      >Positive fluctuations: a few hours after a serious workout I may feel off of symptoms even if I’m not covered by levodopa. The same I may experience if I attend an unusual manual (diy job) or mental (working with Excel) task.

When we come to the predictable fluctuations, due to the effectiveness curve of drugs, I set a spreadsheet (that generates a graph) by which I process the half life, on me, of every single dosage of ldopa I assume. In such a way, I try to optimize the time of assumption of drugs (with doc I negotiated a discretionary power by which I can decide on my own within the range of 300 and 400 mg of Ldopa daily) in order to skip meals and have negative fluctuations when I don’t need to be phisically active.

Any “best practice” on managing symptoms fluctuations will be welcome!

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Claudio, you seem to have a good system and are in touch with your body.. We are all so different in how our symptoms manifest and what works to alleviate them. Thanks for sharing.

Lou Hevly
      Participant

So far, aside from mild tremor when I hold a coffee cup or spoon, my only symptom is Restless Leg Syndrome, which Mirapexin seems to have cured. I feel great.

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Glad to hear that Lou, do you have more good days or bad days?  Do you attribute that to anything specific?

Lou Hevly
      Participant

No, no bad days, thank heavens. Just plugging along. The worst so far is that I’ve had to give up playing music

Lou Hevly
      Participant

I played clarinet and guitar and gave them up due to frustration.

Here’s a link to what I used to do: http://louhevly.com/music/

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

hi Lou, thanks for sharing that.  i cannot approve your post since your URL goes to a page with a link to The Gutter People which has an obscenity on the photo :-(.  Typically, the only links within a response we can approve are from known PD  and or medical/health websites.

Lou Hevly
          Participant

Hi Jean, no problem, I’d forgotten about that stupid postcard! I certainly agree it’s better to restrict links to PD-pertinent ones.

Jean Mellano
          Keymaster

Thanks for understanding Lou…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account